The Holidays – the most wonderful time of the year, yet for many of us it can also mean “family time” with those family members you may not always be in contact with year round, many of which for good reason. Passing the turkey, you may find yourself in an awkward place of reconnecting while struggling to maintain energetic boundaries. Yet for many of us “sensitives” this reconnecting can mean sending us into a spiral of overeating, icky feelings and stuffing emotions down that may or may not even be ours to begin with, craving to get back to our own space following a mandatory himalayan salt bath. Fun times!
So how can we survive the “Family Time” drama that all of can encounter over the holidays, while retaining our energetic boundaries? I’ll share a few here that have worked for me…so grab your crystals & pull up a chair :)
1. BE IN YOUR TRUTH – You’re an empath. Acknowledge the situation and honour yourself before you even arrive to the “wolves den”. Seriously I love my family and they’re amazing gifts, HOWEVER everyone is unloading their junk (or other peoples’ junk they may have unknowingly absorbed) and when you’re an empath, that can mean vulnerability to whole lotta junk! So taking a real honest account of the situation and who you are…and WHY you feel the way you do after the get togethers, will help you take precautionary steps.
2. Wear a protective stone – I love obsidian, however it may be a little too much of a protector in this case and at times can also bring up your own junk..so maybe not the best choice for this par-teh. Think Tourmaline, a nice piece of clear Quartz, I also really like Bloodstone in this situation. It’s a great courage stone and will help you to stay in an intuitive place with yourself.
3. Say your protective prayer, put the white light around you, create your sacred safe bubble around you before you go and declare you WILL take immaculate care of yourself. If this means sneaking away from the dessert table for a few minutes to regain your center, escaping to the bathroom when Aunt Jan begins to cry in her cranberry sauce of why she was the least favoured daughter of your late grandmother – do it! Your job is to take care of yourself….and any small children you’re in charge of…but put your oxygen mask on first, Momma!
4. Stock up on salt – and get thyself into a salt bath immediately after you get home. Pine Himalyan sea salt clears the energetic and will pull away any stragglers in your field…I mix mine with Epsom salts to help facilitate the detoxing process.
5. Put yourself to bed with a big hug and place a special piece of rose quartz on your bedside table next to you – you are loved!! And you are an absolute perfect creation of God and the Universe – release anything said or experienced take a moment of quiet gratitude with a big deep breath, being thankful that you’re no longer caught up in the illusion so many people still are in…the illusion of judgment, drama, etc. You ARE the key that unlocks this planet – so shine bright little star and be true to YOU!
Sending you lots of Love & Light!